Orthodontics is dental treatment that focuses on straightening and aligning your teeth and jaws.
An orthodontist like Dr. Jamie Sage began her career by becoming a qualified dentist. Next, she completed 3 more years of specialized training in orthodontics. This makes Dr. Sage an expert in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of malocclusions. Malocclusions are problems with spacing, positioning, or alignment of the teeth and jaws.
Orthodontists treat a wide range of malocclusions. We regularly treat adults, teens, and children starting from age 7.
Orthodontics impacts your health, appearance, and more.
Crooked, unevenly spaced, or misaligned teeth are harder to keep clean. This makes them more prone to tooth decay and periodontal disease.
Straight, properly aligned teeth are easier to keep clean and provide a more attractive appearance. A straight, healthy smile helps to boost self-esteem, self-confidence, and your self-image.
If you suffer from crooked, uneven, or misaligned teeth, orthodontic treatment can help.
The length of your orthodontic treatment will depend on your individual plan. During your consultation with Dr. Jamie Sage, we will discuss your options. Once you select your treatment, we will estimate its length.
There are factors that can affect the duration of your treatment. Some of these include:
- Early Orthodontic Intervention: If you had early intervention, some steps have already been completed. This may shorten the time you need for this treatment.
- Type of Treatment: Depending on your needs, you may have braces, elastics, aligners, or other options. Which treatment you receive will affect its length.
- Compliance: Following our instructions will allow your treatment to work more quickly.
At Sage Orthodontics, we offer advanced solutions for your treatment. Our practice is a leader in comfortable and accelerated orthodontics. Depending on your needs, we may recommend:
- Early Orthodontic Intervention
- Adolescent Orthodontic Treatment
- Adult Orthodontic Treatment
- Surgical Orthodontics
- Other Orthodontic Appliances
To get started on your healthier, more beautiful smile, contact our office for a consultation.